Monday, October 4, 2010

Child of the 80's

I found (or more than likely...refound if you know me!) a box of things from middle and high school.  I had a few of the school's newspapers in the box.  Flipping through and reading it was a fun and not so fun trip down memory lane. 

No doubt that funniest part of reading the old newspapers was the fashion column.  If you grew up in the 1980's, you'll totally and fur sure get a kick out of the columns.

Nothing cooler than oversized sweaters and off the shoulder shirts, eh? 

Or yeah.  Canvas buddies.  They rocked.  Totally.  Usually with little white turn down socks. 


And who didn't have the brightest, most obnoxious fluorescent clothes that they could find?


These were both circa 1984.  The height of the Madonna and Michael Jackson fashion craze. 

I could post the rest of the newspaper articles but it may be slightly embarrassing to some of the people who were in the gossip section.  You know...who was crushing on whom and all that good drama, teenage-angst stuff.  Maybe I'll hold that stuff for blackmail.

And yeah, Susan.  I'm probably talking to you!

2 comments:

Teacher in the middle said...

Post it!!! Post it!!! I can't believe you still have this stuff! I love it...it's great! Makes me feel young again...er, um, well, at least not 40 again!

Kim Eckhardt said...

I've got ones from high school and junior high. Good stuff man. Maybe I'll post some of it. :evil: