Friday, October 1, 2010

Kicking It Old Skool - The Telstar

My parents cleaned out their attic last year.  One of the things that they found was an old video game system...the Telstar by Coleco.



The advertising on the box promises "for video sports games on any TV".  This game system did it all...tennis, hockey and handball!


Check out the graphics on this baby!


It was so advanced that it needed a complex controller...


Whoever was last playing it obviously spent a lot of time playing it because it was set to pro level.  On handball.  lol



I love the fake wood paneling stickers on the system.  It matched the wood paneling decorating scheme of the day.  lol

I wonder if this was my dads.  And I wonder how much time he wasted time playing this game.  I'm betting a good bit.  And I'm betting that my mom would get mad at him for playing it when he should have been cleaning out the pool.  Or doing the yard.

Or anything other than spending his time trying to get to the "pro" level.

So these pictures will document a small piece of my childhood and then this game system is going into the trash.  If you want it for whatever reason, let me know now.

Otherwise, this piece of video gaming history is gone in 3, 2, 1.

1 comment:

Uncle Cliff:>) said...

I remember it well. It was hot stuff in its day.